Control engineering is the engineering discipline that focuses on the mathematical modelling of systems of a diverse nature, analysing their dynamical behaviour and designing controllers that will cause the systems to behave in a desired manner.
In process control, the term process is used in a very general sense and some typical examples of processes are: energy generation, electric power transmission, distribution systems, chemical and petrochemical industry, metallurgical industry, traffic and transportation systems, paper and pulp processing industry, food and fermentation industry, environmental systems, mining instrumentation, innovation and engineering management, etc.
Simulation and process modelling have become some of the most exciting research topics in the broad area of process control. Recently, there is great research interest in areas such as big data, cloud computing, etc. and their applications in simulation and process modelling. Therefore, the purpose of this special issue is to focus on state-of-the-art solutions and recent advances in the field of simulation and process modelling and their applications in industry, science, engineering and commerce.
We welcome original research papers that describe new ideas and approaches in the theory and application of simulation and process modelling.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design methods for processes
- Distributed simulation and applications
- Dynamic analysis of process using modelling
- Innovation in process and engineering management
- Modelling and simulation
- Built environment
- Business processes
- Cloud computing and big data
- Industrial processes
- Production and healthcare processes
- Public sector processes
- Service and administrative processes
- Supply chains
- Performance optimisation through simulation
- Process optimisation with simulation
- Process synthesis, analysis and design
- Reengineering of processes
- Simulation in collaboration environments
- Soft computing methods for processes
- Web- and component-based simulation
Submission of manuscripts: 30 June, 2015