The special issue aims to collect a number of high-quality articles that illustrate the applications of both metaheuristics, simheuristics (a combination of simulation with metaheuristics), and learnheuristics (a combination of metaheuristics with machine learning) for solving rich and real-life combinatorial optimisation problems in different fields, including: logistics and transportation, supply chain management, manufacturing and production, telecommunication systems, computer networks, economics and finance, health care, aeronautics, etc.
Real-life applications of metaheuristic algorithms are encouraged, as well as articles presenting methodological innovations that can be especially useful when dealing with real-life applications in any of the aforementioned fields.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2017 Metaheuristics International Conference (MIC 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Simheuristics (metaheuristics and simulation)
- Learnheuristics (metaheuristics and machine learning)
- Rich and real-life optimisation problems
- applications in logistics, transportation and supply chain management
- Applications in manufacturing and production
- Applications in computer and telecommunication Systems
- Applications in healthcare systems
- Applications in economics and finance
- Applications in aeronautics
- Methodological innovations
Submission of manuscripts: 28 February, 2018
Notification to authors: 30 May, 2018
Final versions due: 30 December, 2018