A special issue of International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control
This special issue will focus on new modelling and control methodology development and/or novel and challenging applications of autonomous vehicle control and intelligent transportation in the field of marine transportation.
The explosive demand in marine transportation, especially with the proliferation of world trading via ocean, indicates a great opportunity for autonomous surface vessels/vehicles and intelligent control. The next generation marine transportation has not only to allow for more exchanging of passengers and freight, but also to supply higher mobility and higher safety. These demands have promoted significant research and technology development motivation for scientists from the communities of navigation, control and mechatronics.
Special attention will be given to a number of topics such as propulsion, navigation, and control of automatic marine platforms and systems, including hybrid electric vehicles and autonomous surface and underwater vehicles.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Modelling and control of hybrid propulsion systems
- Control of high speed vessels and vehicles
- Offshore systems modelling and control
- Surface ship track control
- Intelligent marine navigation and control systems
- ROV/AUV guidance and control
- Autonomous surface craft control
- Multi-vehicle navigation, mission assignment and control
The deadline for submission is: 31 July 2008