International Journal of Vehicle Design 44(1/2) 2007 is a special issue: Will the HCCI concept be the key to future automotive engines?
* Homogeneous charge compression ignition: the future of IC engines?
* Homogeneous charge compression ignition as an alternative combustion mode for the future of internal combustion engines
* Axial fuel stratification of a homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engine
* Theoretical and experimental investigation on diesel HCCI combustion with external mixture formation
* Studying the chemistry of HCCI in rapid compression machines
* Modelling of the effect of fuel reforming and EGR on the acceptable operating range of an ethanol HCCI engine
* Kinetic modelling of a surrogate diesel fuel applied to 3D auto-ignition in HCCI engines
* Prediction of friction development during transient diesel engine operation using a detailed model
* Hydrodynamic model of valve train systems support
* Ground vehicle steering systems: modelling, control, and analysis of hydraulic, electric and steer-by-wire configurations