Includes expanded versions of papers presented at the 1st International Workshop on Cloud Computing and Scientific Applications (CCSA 2011).
- Improving data transfer performance of web service workflows in the cloud environment
- Extending HTTP models to Web 2.0 applications: the case of online social networks
- Simplifying MapReduce data processing
- Managing volunteer resources in the cloud
- Applications of heterogeneous computing in computational and simulation science
- How to exploit grid infrastructures for federated cloud purposes with CLEVER
- Global technology trends: perspectives from IBM Research Australia on resilient systems
- Does a simplex formed by endmembers really yield maximal volume?
- Parallel neighbourhood search on many-core platforms