Due to the development of information techniques, a wide scope of information is being produced and distributed rapidly in digital convergence form. In this excess of information, it is not easy for users to search and find desired information in a short time.
Accordingly, a convergence information system which users can utilise to control and access filtered information efficiently has appeared in IT convergence. Building on the current technology, it is ready for a wide range of applications that support and which will gradually change our everyday lives.
Therefore, not only novel techniques, architectures, algorithms and experiences regarding IT convergence but also convergence information services should be considered. This special issue will focus on novel research on services, applications, infrastructures and applied real world engineering for information.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Software infrastructure, middleware and frameworks for convergence information
- Mobile and wearable computing for convergence information
- Agent technology in the convergence information system
- Convergence information applications in u-commerce, u-learning and u-health
- Innovative applications of convergence information
- Cooperative design in convergence environments
- Artificial intelligence methodologies for convergence information
- Speech recognition and voice recognition for convergence information
- Convergence context-aware and HCI technologies
- Convergence information indexing, searching and visualisation
- Intelligent information extraction algorithms
- Security, trust, privacy and other technical issues in convergence information
Manuscript submission due: 10 August, 2013
First decision notification: 30 September, 2013
Final decision notification: 30 October, 2013