The aim of this special issue is to contribute to the existing body of knowledge and provide new insights/perspectives on the application of Six Sigma in academia.
Prospective authors are encouraged to employ a variety of methods utilising Six Sigma in academic settings through theoretical and empirical research investigations. This issue is targeted for academics in the areas of quality, Six Sigma and continuous improvement.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Development of six sigma curricula
- Academic programme improvement using six sigma tools
- Project-based learning using six sigma methodology
- Approaches for teaching six sigma
- Methodologies for developing community partnerships for teaching six sigma
- Redesigning curricula using design for six sigma
- Measuring programme effectiveness using six sigma
- Other related topics
Submission of manuscripts: 30 September, 2014
Notification to authors: 1 November, 2014
Final versions due: 31 January, 2015