A special issue of International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business
Nowadays, the economic landscape seems to be deeply influenced by globalisation, whose fast development is dramatically affecting business competition and entrepreneurship around the world. Relevant strategic and organisational changes seem to be required both for traditional entrepreneurs and new ones, especially as far as the dynamic relationships among organisations are concerned. Futhermore, an increasing quality standard in the production of goods and services is challenged by ever-changing customer preferences.
In the light of this framework, management scholars are currently deeply committed to exploring and exploiting SMEs’ experiences in the international markets, in order to improve knowledge on this topic.
We invite contributions to this special issue, aiming to explore the dynamics of SMEs’ entrepreneurship in the globalised economy. In this regard, the goal is to collect a number of valuable papers analysing the various aspects of SMEs’ strategic organisational and technological innovations (e.g.: corporate governance, global/local networks, internationalisation, supply chain management, product or process innovation, corporate social responsibility, etc.).
Both theoretical and research papers are welcomed. Topics that can be considered for publication include, but are not limited to:
- Globalisation and SMEs' strategic and organisational changes
- Globalisation and SMEs' technological innovation
- Globalisation and SMEs' corporate governance
- Globalisation and SMEs' human resource management
- Globalisation and SMEs' service management
- Globalisation and SMEs' knowledge management
- Globalisation and SMEs' global or local networks
- Globalisation, sustainable development and SMEs
- Globalisation, corporate social responsibility and SMEs
- Globalisation, IAS/IFRS and SMEs' accountability
- Globalisation and SMEs' corporate restructuring
- Globalisation and SMEs' supply chain management
- Globalisation and SMEs' marketing management
- Globalisation and SMEs' internationalisation
Submission of extended abstracts (max. 500 words): 31 December 2008
Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 2 February, 2009
Submission of full papers following acceptance of abstracts: 18 April, 2009
Notification of acceptance, refusal or revision of full papers: 23 May, 2009
Submission of accepted and revisited final papers: 11 July, 2009