A special issue of International Journal of Business Environment
Entrepreneurship is increasingly important as an academic and research focus. Nowadays, the role of business creation on growth, development, employment and innovation is generally accepted. Based on these economic and social influences, the special issue aims to contribute to the understanding of the determinants and effects of entrepreneurial activity.
It focuses on the determinants and effects of business creation process. This process is undertaken by individuals or entrepreneurial teams that have their own human and social capital, cognitive properties and particular circumstances, but are also immersed in a specific context with social, cultural, political and economic characteristics.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to:
- Entrepreneurial opportunities: existence, discovery, exploitation
- Perceptions, attitudes and intentions
- Human and social capital
- Environmental factors: economic, political and socio-cultural context
- Nascent entrepreneurs
- Regional and cultural differences
- Economic and social effects of entrepreneurial activity
- Conceptual models related to determinants and effects
Paper submission deadline: 31 January, 2009