A special issue of International Journal of Product Development
Production engineering is an important and often necessary step in product development. Research in this area has yielded many promising approaches and strategies. Extensive literature related to a) manufacturing technology, b) CAD/CAM, c) production management, etc., has been built up over the years.
This special issue aims at presenting the state-of-the-art in the area of production engineering, and promoting further research in the area of developing new products and production lines. The issue will focus on theories and methods on manufacturing technology, product design, production control, intelligent systems and optimisation systems.
Topics of interests include but are not limited to:
- Next-generation manufacturing systems (intelligent systems, scheduling, CAPP, MRP, JIT cell production, FMS, FTL, etc.),
- Lean production (LP),
- Die and mould manufacturing technologies
- Advanced machine tools and machine elements
- Concurrent engineering
- Integrated framework for design and management of manufacturing systems
- Integration of the design of lines, production policies and maintenance strategies
- Applications (multi-function machine tools, multi-axis control, intelligent machine tools, CAM, monitoring, etc.)
Submission of full paper before: 30 September 2007
Notification of acceptance before: 31 October 2007
Submission of final and revised manuscripts: 1 December 2007