Cloud computing is one of the most significant, cost-efficient, flexible, user-friendly and accessible virtualised resources of the modern digital era. It provides a platform where resources are offered as services and accessed by users from anywhere in the world, via the Internet.
Recent research work has improved the quality of cloud computing through factors such as: cost reduction, higher device and location independence, better reliability and scalability, efficient resource utilisation, on-demand availability and increased flexibility. Users can have as much of a service as they need at any particular moment.
However, security and privacy issues are still important. Due to the flexibility and availability of cloud services, malicious users can act as adversaries. Thus, there are possibilities of security pitfalls for the users, as well as the systems.
Cyber attacks can create serious problems for cloud computing systems. There are many open issues that remain to be dealt with, such as secure and efficient models for cloud computing and their applications, security and privacy issues, cyber threats and development of tools for computer forensics to deal with computer crime.
This issue aims at providing researchers and professionals with insight into the state-of-the-art in security, privacy and forensics for cloud computing. It will publish novel and high quality research contributions from industry, government, business, and academia. In particular, the aim is to publish highly technical, original and unpublished papers.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Computer crime and forensics in the cloud
- Cryptography in the cloud
- Cloud computing and smart grid security and privacy issues
- Models for creating and securely managing federations of clouds and internetworking between clouds
- Multimedia security and privacy issues in the cloud
- Reverse engineering of malicious code and intrusion detection systems in the cloud
- Secure virtualisation and resource allocation mechanisms
- Securing distributed data storage in the cloud
- Security and privacy in big data management in the cloud
- Security and privacy in mobile cloud
- Security and privacy issues in cloud computing
- Security and privacy requirements engineering in the cloud
- Security management in the cloud
- Security modelling and threats in cloud computing
- Systems engineering and development for imaging hiding and security in the cloud
Paper submission: 30 April, 2014
First notification: 1 August, 2014
Revised manuscript submission: 1 October, 2014
Final decision: 1 December, 2014