A special issue of International Journal of Global Environmental Issues
The focus of this special issue is on bringing together researchers and practitioners from the areas of social-economic engineering and environment. The technical objective is to exchange ideas and techniques from the two areas as well as to develop economic, social engineering and social science methodologies to resolving environment issues. Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied articles addressing the theme of the special issue.
A conference, the First International Conference on Risk Management and Engineering Management, is to be organized in April 2008 by the RiskChina Research Center at the University of Toronto. Submission to the Special Issue is, however, not restricted to conference participants.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Complex Environmental, Energy and Economy (EEE) models for global policy
- Environment risk management
- Risk decision making in environment
- Disaster management
- Ecological and environmental efficiency
- Emergency management
- Uncertainty modeling and analysis in environment
- Other issues related to using economic, social engineering and social science approaches to resolving global environment issues
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 1 October 2008
Approximate date for final submission of accepted manuscripts: 30 December 2008