A special issue of International Journal of Environment and Pollution
The focus of this special issue is on bringing together researchers and practitioners from the areas of risk management and environment. The technical objective is to exchange ideas and techniques from the two areas as well as to establish a framework for the development of methodologies that integrate risk management tool into environment issues. Authors are encouraged to submit both theoretical and applied articles addressing the theme of the special issue.
A conference, the First International Conference on Risk Management and Engineering Management, is to be organized in April 2008 by the RiskChina Research Center at the University of Toronto. Submission to the Special Issue is, however, not restricted to conference participants.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Environment risk management
- Environment risk management and financial risk management
- Solutions provided to technical or engineering problems
- Risk decision making in environment and pollution
- Risk assessment in environment problems
- Ecological efficiency
- Evaluation and management of environmental risk and safety
- Environment and sustainable development
- Environmental risk education and training
- Review and assessment of risk policies in environment issues
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 1 September 2008
Approximate date for final submission of accepted manuscripts: 1 December 2008