A special issue of International Journal of Services Sciences
In recent years, risk management has attracted a great deal of attention from both researchers and practitioners. Typical financial hedging contracts have been used in the area of operation services by a growing number of operations management researchers. Risk creates lots of opportunity to make profits. Complexity and uncertainty in many practical problems require new methods and tools to handle. Risk management can be used as a tool for greater rewards, not just control against losses.
This special issue seeks to provide a platform for exchanging new ideas and to bring together state-of-the-art research from different perspectives. It focuses on real problems and opportunities that are being experienced in industry, and looks for papers that describe helpful, relevant research, or that reflect on the current state and identify new research directions.
We solicit papers that address the issues raised above with an emphasis on the use of models and tools from the areas of, but not limited to:
- Risk issues in operations services
- Integrated financial and operational hedging
- Global risk management in manufacturing
- Real options valuation and hedging in operations management
- Risk issues in commodity procurement
- Risk measures, performance evaluation and incentives
- Financial risk management
- Risk aversion in supply chain management
- Managing operational risks
- Risk assessment applications and performance analysis in the service sector (banking, entertainment, travel, rentals etc.).
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 30 October, 2007
Approximate date for final submission of accepted manuscripts: May 2008