Intelligent machine tools and manufacturing are frontier areas attracting global research and engineering efforts. This special issue aims to bring together papers that report recent advances and challenges in addressing problems and finding new solutions for intelligent machine tools and manufacturing. We hope to deliver readers promising new ideas and directions for future developments in this area.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Machine tool dynamics
- Mechanics of machining process
- Novel designs and smart structures in spindles, feed drives, guideways, etc.
- Sensors and actuators as applied to machine tools
- Machining process monitoring and control, including tool wear/breakage, chatter/vibration, collision, temperatures/thermal error, balancing, etc.
- Mode of intelligent manufacturing process
- Sensing, decision-making and control in manufacturing
- Condition monitoring and fault diagnosis
- Self-awareness and maintenance
- Big data and cloud-based manufacturing
Manuscripts due by: 31 July, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 October, 2017
Final versions due by: 1 December, 2017