Mobile learning is a state-of-the-art technology which plays a main role in enhancing quality of life. M-learning is generally considered as a combination of web based learning and computing in mobile devices such as smart phones, tablets, laptops, etc. Sharing knowledge among various people who have different knowledge perspectives is made possible using the m-learning concept. M-learning creates a technological revolution, which results in remodeling the education field.
The flexible nature of m-learning helps people to use the active learning opportunities irrespective of their age, gender and qualification. Additionally, they can also share knowledge independent of time and place. M-learning provides ease of learning and with this feature it engages learners at their own pace. It also serves as a perfect platform for knowledge sharing among researchers which leads to a collaborative learning approach.
This special issue solicits on the original and unpublished contributions based on mobile learning and knowledge sharing applications in smart devices. Additionally, we welcome papers on various computing approaches for smart devices to enable mobile learning.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the National Conference on Big Data Analytics and Mobile Technologies (NCBM 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mobile learning and knowledge sharing applications for smart gadgets
- Recent trends in m-learning and smart devices
- Sustainable mobile learning and knowledge sharing
- Theoretical and practical approaches for m-learning
- Wireless knowledge sharing systems and applications
- Security and privacy concerns in m-learning
- Collaborative learning approaches using mobile technologies
- Learning analytics and m-learning
- Emerging applications to support m-learning
- Methods to evaluate effectiveness of mobile learning applications
- Future challenges and issues related to m-learning environment
Submission of manuscripts: 26 July, 2017
Notification to authors: 15 November, 2017
Final versions due: 2 February, 2018