In October 2011 the 2nd International Conference on Computational Engineering will take place in Darmstadt, Germany.
The conference is organised by the Graduate School of Computational Engineering at TU Darmstadt, together with the International Graduate School of Science and Engineering at TU München and the Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science at RWTH Aachen. The conference focuses on the modelling and simulation of coupled multiphysics problems.
This issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the conference, but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers to this special issue.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Applications in science and engineering: fluid-structure interaction, thermo-mechanical problems, electromagnetic dynamics, etc
- Mathematical formulation of multidisciplinary problems
- Numerical methods for coupled problems: finite elements, finite volume, finite difference, particle methods, meshless methods, etc
- Coupled solution strategies, loose and strong coupling schemes
- Optimum design in multidisciplinary problems
- High performance computing, parallelisation, real time computational techniques
- Hybrid methods, meshing advances and tools
- Visualisation techniques, software engineering approaches
Deadline for paper submission: 15 December, 2011