Mohamed has homed in on several important advantages of the adoption of knowledge management techniques in pharmaceutical industry innovation:
- The use of KM can lead to more rapid regulatory approval of new drugs
- It facilitates fast sharing and distributing knowledge between development and manufacturing
- It overcomes the problem of limited time to meet demand after start-up
- It offers greater flexibility in lowering the cost of manufacturing changes compared with other approaches.
- It increases the predictability and reliability of manufacturing output.
- It leads to reduced batch failure, final testing, and so reduces expenses
- It improves R&D productivity and reduces overall cost cycle time
Elshafie, E.M. (2016) ‘Pharmaceutical Knowledge Management: why does pharmaceutical industry need knowledge management?’ Int. J. Knowledge Management Studies, Vol. 7, Nos. 3/4, pp.288–304