Commerce, logistics and transportation are key application areas of decision support systems (DSSs), often with remarkable results. The methodological framework and technology of DSSs have been exploited in order to solve problems and boost the varied development and achievements in these areas over recent decades, leading to better utilisation of resources, improvement of service and product quality and the expansion of production capacities.
The rapid development of electronic commerce in recent years has created a new era, and new perspectives have arisen in the contemporary economy that affect production, supply chain management and transportation.
This special issue will focus on the utilisation of the methodological approaches and technology of DSSs to address new challenges concerning logistics and transportation in the digital economy.
The objectives of the issue can be summarised as follows:
- To collect recent results from scientific research in the field of DSSs and their applications in e-commerce, logistics and transportation
- To investigate problems relating to the above-mentioned areas (e-commerce, logistics and transportation)
- To present innovative methodological approaches and systems utilised for the effective handling of problems and decision situations related to the core subjects of the special issue
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Decision support systems
- Web-based decision support systems
- Business intelligence and big data analysis
- Negotiation support systems
- Knowledge management systems
- Knowledge and resource discovery
- Group decision support systems
- Collaborative decision making
- Mobile decision support systems
- Social media and decision support systems
- Intelligent agents
- Optimisation methods and systems
- Multicriteria decision aid systems
Submission of manuscripts: 20 January, 2017