This special issue is dedicated to research pertaining to active vehicle safety in intelligent transportation systems. The emphasis is placed on the methods and techniques that enable vehicles to detect potential hazards, plan safe motions and drive with enhanced stability utilising the available sensing and communication capabilities provided by intelligent transportation systems.
Papers dealing with theoretical and experimental advances in this promising area are invited, particularly addressing current challenges. Emerging issues on the research frontier, industrial applications and state-of-the-art literature surveys are encouraged.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stability control of automotive vehicles
- Dynamics control of electronic and new energy vehicles
- Adaptive cruise control
- Autonomous driving and guidance
- Environment sensing, modelling and estimation
- Obstacle avoidance systems
- Vehicle motion planning with static/dynamic obstacles
- Vehicle coordination based on V2V communication
Submission of manuscripts: 31 January, 2015
Notification to authors: 31 March, 2015
Final versions due: 31 May, 2015