Nanoscience is the engineering of functional systems at the molecular scale, and has become an emerging and rapidly expanding discipline in the past decade.
Nanomanufacturing is a hot research topic in the nanoscience domain at present. Nanomanufacturing differs from molecular manufacturing, which is the manufacture of complex, nanoscale structures by means of nonbiological mechanosynthesis. Active research areas include MEMS, NEMS, nanotube/nanowire devices, etc.
This special issue will mainly focus on micro and nano manufacturing technology and management.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Micro/nano design and processing technology
- Micro/nano sensors/actuators/robots
- Micro electromechanical system
- Micro/nano heat transfer
- Nano materials and films
- Nanotube/nanowire devices
- Nano assembly/molecular self-assembly techniques
- Aapplications of micro/nano technology
- Packaging techniques
- Micro/nanomanufacturing innovation/strategy/policy/economics, globalisation
Submission deadline: 31 January, 2015
Reviewer feedback: 30 April, 2015
Revised papers deadline: 31 May, 2015