Nanoscience is the engineering of functional systems at the molecular scale, and has become an emerging and rapidly expanding discipline in the past decade.
Nanocomposite materials is a hot research topic in the nanoscience domain at present. Active research areas include ceramic-matrix nanocomposites, metal-matrix nanocomposites and polymer-matrix nanocomposites.
This special issue will mainly focus on the synthesis, characterisation and applications of nanocomposite materials.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Graphite, graphene and their nanocomposites
- Carbon nanotubes and nanocomposites
- Nanocomposite films
- Mechanical behaviour of nanocomposites
- Nanocomposites for renewable energy
- Magnetic nanocomposites
- 2-dimensional nanocomposites
- Surface engineering of nanocomposites
Submission deadline: 31 January, 2015
Reviewer feedback: 30 April, 2015
Revised papers deadline: 31 May, 2015