The aim of this special issue is to discuss and present examples of foresight or forward-looking activities as a concept that does not remain theoretical but is able to change trajectories towards the future in reality. The papers will present some examples of this. In addition, the theoretical and practical limits of changing existing paths towards or into the future will be highlighted. Questions the issue will seek to address include:
- In what areas is foresight able to contribute?
- What are those contributions?
- What and where are the limits?
- How to overcome trajectories that are fixed and stabilised so that it is difficult to intervene, despite the identification of new necessities derived from foresight processes?
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- New trajectories towards the future
- Foresight contributions in real life
- Foresight and forward-looking activities
- "Hot to change the world"
- BMBF foresight process
- Future Radar 2030 Demographic Change
- Foresight implementation
Deadline for submission of first draft: 31 July, 2010
Deadline for reviews: 30 September 30, 2010
Deadline for final paper: 30 November, 2010