International Journal of Sustainable Development 10(1/2) 2007 is a special issue: Use of sustainable development indicators.
* Introduction to the key issue concerning the use of sustainable development indicators
* Political uses of social indicators: overview and application to sustainable development indicators
* Information at the interface between supply and demand for indicators: the use of a model with estimated parameter values as a base for indication in multicriteria analyses
* Scientists dealing with stakeholders' demand for coral reef management indicators: methodological approach and issues
* MONET indicator system: the Swiss road to measuring sustainable development
* Communicating scientific knowledge to actors: how do indicators respond to stakes in relation to the development of the fishery sector in the Guinea Republic?
* Sustainability and vulnerability indicators for decision making: lessons learned from Honduras
* Design of sustainability indicators of the production systems in Brazilian semi-arid area by the * A multicriteria participation-based methodology for selecting sustainable development indicators: an incentive tool for concerted decision making beyond the diagnosis framework
* Joint construction and appropriation of indicators by users, managers and scientists: the case study of Port-Cros and Porquerolles tourist frequentation observatory
* Top-down/bottom-up approach for developing sustainable development indicators for mining: application to the Arlit uranium mines (Niger)
* In search of coastal zone sustainability by means of social carrying capacity indicators construction: lessons learned from the Thau lagoon case study (Region Languedoc-Roussillon, France)