A special issue of International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering
The applications of thin films, coatings and advanced materials that possess near-surface properties different from their bulk properties with specific performance characteristics have significantly increased in the past two decades. Characterisation of such materials thus becomes a very important issue in surface science and engineering.
This special issue invites the submission of high quality research articles related to the characterisation and application of thin films, coatings and modified surfaces. Contributions include original scientific articles that concerned with characterisation or direct applications of modified surfaces, coatings and thin films to reviews of current technology in these areas.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Characterisation of coatings and modified surfaces
- Characterisation of thin films for MEMS applications
- Application of modified surfaces, coatings and thin films
- Mechanical, chemical or optical properties of modified surfaces, coatings and thin films
- Coatings for biomedical applications and environmental applications.
Submission: 31 March 2008
Decision: 30 June 2008
Revised manuscripts: 31 August 2008