During the last few years, data mining has received increasing attention from different fields, but especially from the business community. This commercial interest has grown mainly because of the awareness of companies that the vast amounts of data collected from customers and their behaviours contain valuable information. If this information can somehow be made explicit, it will be available to improve various business processes.
Data mining deals with the discovery of hidden knowledge, unexpected patterns and new rules from large databases. It is regarded as the key element of a much more elaborate process called knowledge discovery in databases, or KDD, which is closely linked to data warehousing. Data mining can bring significant gains to organisations, for example through better-targeted marketing and enhanced internal performance. The long-term goal of data mining is to create a self-learning organisation that makes optimal use of the information it generates.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Allied Electrical and Communication Systems, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Data mining processes
- Pre-processing and data size reduction
- Data selection and transformation
- Analysis and Interpretations
- Post-processing of results
- Statistics and probability analysis in data mining
- Data and knowledge representation for data mining
- Networking and data warehousing
- Knowledge discovery
- Neural networks, fuzzy logic, and genetic algorithm in data mining
- Integration of data warehousing, OLAP and data mining
- Quality assessment
- Complexity and efficiency analysis
- Risk management
- Results analysis and assessment
- Classification and clustering
- Pattern recognition and association analysis
- E-commerce, manufacturing, design, marketing, quality conformances, healthcare, telecommunications, etc.
- Case studies and other related topics
Submission of manuscripts: 1 December, 2016
Notification to authors: 1 February, 2017
Final versions due: 1 March, 2017