This special issue is proposed to discuss the region’s governance crisis in migration policy within the ASEAN region. The contributions will explore different manifestations of the crisis migration policy governance in the region, including human trafficking, regional integration and migration policy and the securitisation of labour migrants and inter-regional dynamics between ASEAN region states.
Content will be relevant to academics and students interested in migration and more generally the ‘politics of migration’ in Southeast Asia and more generally to migration policy practitioners in regional and global NGO and IGO communities.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Issues related to freedom of movement in the ASEAN region
- Anti-trafficking agendas in ASEAN region
- ASEAN's role in developing anti-trafficking agendas
- Securitisation of economic migrants in Southeast Asia
- Inter-regional dynamics between ASEAN-region states and Australia on migration issues
- ASEAN's role in developing regional frameworks for migration governance
- Regional integration and migration policy
Manuscripts due by: 1 April, 2018