The aim of this special issue is to include research based on MNEs or SMEs based on investigations on emerging markets i.e., export marketing. We also invite research on different issues based on investigations in emerging markets. In particular, research on family export businesses, emerging market MNEs and their exports, export barriers in emerging markets, export behaviour of SMEs in emerging markets, social media as a mechanism to stimulate exports in emerging markets, export performance and export sales management in emerging markets and country of origin of products in emerging markets are some of the subjects that are suggested.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 2017 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets Conference Board (EMCB), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Export marketing in emerging markets
- Family export businesses in emerging countries
- Emerging market multinationals and their exports
- Export barriers in emerging markets
- Export behaviour of SMEs in emerging markets
- How do social media motivate SMEs in emerging markets to their export activities?
- Export performance and export sales management in emerging markets
- Country of origin of products in emerging markets
Submission of manuscripts: 28 February, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 June, 2017
Final versions due: 31 August, 2017