The objective of this special issue is to publish high-quality articles by leading experts on quality of logistics services and countries’ governance. Furthermore, the carefully selected articles, through rigorous double-blind refereeing, will help both domestic and international organisations to identify the challenges and opportunities they face for their performance in trade, logistics and supply chains, and what they can do to improve this performance.
Improving business performance and supply chain management is a cross-cutting and complex evolving agenda that is constantly changing with developments in technology, business processes and trade policies. We seek to explore cutting-edge methods in modelling, characterising and building high-quality logistics services and good governance.
The need to study and document the critical technical, security, legal, cultural and risk issues of logistics and supply chains confronting many countries is paramount in this highly competitive environment. The special issue will also serve as a platform to facilitate international research and industrial collaboration to examine the multifaceted topics related to governance and quality of logistics services.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Theories and models that integrate quality logistics and supply chain governance
- Conceptual frameworks for sustainable quality logistics and supply chains and governance
- Empirical examinations of the role of quality logistics and supply chains and good governance
- Interdisciplinary analyses of technical and cultural interactions in logistics and supply chains
- Impact of trade agreements on quality logistics and strategic practices involving governance
- Cross-country governance and quality of logistics and supply chain comparison
- Transportation optimisation and global logistical networks
- Enterprise resource planning and ERP for quality logistics and good governance
- Governance of logistics network security; risk in a globalised supply network
Submission of manuscripts: 31 March, 2017
Notification to authors: 1 June, 2017
Final versions due: 1 August, 2017