A special issue of International Journal of Foresight and Innovation Policy
Investment and innovation policies play an increasing role in contributing to the development of high technology start-ups. The formation of government policies generally aims to facilitate the translation of research results into economic benefits. However, improving the investment policies is a necessary but not a sufficient condition in fostering high technology entrepreneurial activities and driving innovations. In this special issue, we focus on policies to build an innovative climate to help develop early-stage companies, boost technology commercialisation (thereby increasing the nation’s competitiveness) and support economic development.
This special issue brings together academics, practitioners, researchers, and aims to deliver a reference edition for all those interested in the innovation policies to foster conditions conducive to promote high technology business development and commercialisation.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- R&D investment policies to support risky technology development and commercialisation
- Government policies to bridge the equity gaps for SMEs
- Policies to protect intellectual properties
- Policies to strengthen the nation's R&D infrastructures
- Financial policies and incentives to support high-tech development
- R&D tax schemes to promote technology investments
- Policies to support stock market development for high-tech businesses
- R&D strategies to facilitate innovation
1-2 Page Abstract: 15 January 2008
Submission of Manuscripts: 15 July 2008
Notification to Authors: 15 August 2008
Final versions due: 15 November 2008