Functional thin films and coatings offer solutions in a wide spread area of applications in materials science and engineering. Novel thin films and coatings are being developed with unusual structural, abrasive, adaptive, bioactive, self-healing, and optical properties. The objective of this issue will be to identify critical problems, provide promising solutions, as well as discuss fundamental and applied topics with emphasis on biological concepts and applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at Trends in Material Science Annual Meeting & Exhibition (TMS 2017), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of novel thin film and coating methods
- Functional thin films and coatings for structural and biological applications
- Characterisation of thin films and coatings for biological and biomaterial applications
- Novel methods for self-healing, self-assembly, and self-repair
- Innovative biosensors and bioelectronics
- Bioenabled electronic and energy systems
Important DatesManuscripts due by: 13 July, 2017
Notification to authors: 15 October, 2017
Final versions due by: 15 December, 2017