We have witnessed new architectures such as an information centric networking (ICN) with various extensions like content-centric networking (CCN), named data networking (NDN), data-oriented network architecture, and so on.
The aim of this special issue is to highlight forthcoming and as yet unidentified ICN-related key technologies and promising applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 3rd International Workshop Research Advancements in Future Internet Architectures (RAFNET), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Information-centric networking (ICN) in Internet of Things
- Networking layer and forwarding strategies in ICN
- Interest/data forwarding in content centric networks
- Interest/data forwarding in named data networks
- ICN application layer operations and models for testing/evaluation
- Analysis of content-centric networking in current network paradigms
- Analysis of named data networking in current network paradigms
- Congestion control protocols in ICN for both Ad-hoc and wired networks
- Business perspective of applying ICN in real world environment
- Future Internet in vehicular ad hoc networks
- Future Internet in big data
- Transport layer issues in future internet architectures
- Multimedia applications and feasibility with future internet architectures
- Underwater future networks
- Future Internet in smart cities
Manuscripts due by: 30 November, 2017
Notification to authors: 30 January, 2018
Final versions due by: 25 March, 2018