Distributed systems are currently facing new challenges of adapting and reusing research results in the area of intelligent systems. Intelligent systems are using methods and technology derived from knowledge-based and computational intelligence. Distributed computing develops methods and technology to build systems that are composed of collaborating components.
This special issue welcomes submissions of original papers introducing research results on all aspects covering the roles of knowledge and intelligence in distributed systems, ranging from concepts and theoretical developments to advanced technologies and innovative applications.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the IDC'2011 symposium, but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the symposium to submit papers for this call.
Paper acceptance and publication will be judged on the basis of quality, relevance to the symposium’s themes, clarity of presentation, originality, accuracy of results and proposed solutions.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Hybrid systems involving software agents and human actors
- Intelligent integration of data and processes
- Intelligent cloud infrastructures
- Autonomic and adaptive distributed computing
- Intelligent service-oriented distributed systems
- Self-organising and adaptive distributed systems
- Emerging behaviours in complex distributed systems
- Knowledge integration and fusion from distributed sources
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in distributed settings
- Semantic and knowledge grids
- Ontologies and meta-data for description of heterogeneous resources and services
- Intelligence in mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Intelligence in peer-to-peer systems
- Intelligence in distributed multimedia systems
- Intelligent distributed problem solving and decision making
- Intelligent distributed applications in e-business/e-commerce, e-learning, e-health, e-science, e-government and crisis management
Submission: 31 May, 2012
First notification: 2 July, 2012
Submission of revisions: 31 July, 2012
Final decision: 31 August, 2012
Submission of final papers: 31 October, 2012