The Internet has dramatically changed our society in many areas, including politics, business, culture, how we socialise and the way we live. In recent years, the convergence of mobile and Internet technologies such as 3G/4G-LTE/WiFi networks and satellite networks has brought about many emerging mobile and Internet technologies (MIT), including protocols, mechanisms, services, systems, security and applications.
These innovative MITs are important for the development of the future Internet and have been commonly regarded as a hot research topic by academia, industry and government as well as policy makers.
This special issue is intended to foster the dissemination of state-of-the-art research in the area of MIT that can fulfill the anytime-anywhere access dream. Original research articles are solicited in all aspects of innovative mobile and Internet technologies, including emerging trends and applications, theoretical studies and experimental prototypes.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Mobility management architecture for wireless networks
- Mobile computing applications/systems and protocols for the future Internet
- Context-aware mobile services and applications for mobile networks and the Internet
- Performance analysis and testbeds for mobile networks and the Internet
- Application and service issues for mobile networks and the Internet
- Social aspects and networking in mobile networks and the Internet
- Systems and protocols in underwater, satellite and deep-space networks
- Security, trust and privacy in MIT
Manuscript due: 20 April, 2013
Notification of acceptance/rejection/revision: 31 July, 2013
Revised manuscript due: 31 October, 2013