A special issue of International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management
Automated identification technology (AIT) comprises RFID (radio frequency identification), bar coding, biometrics and smart cards, etc. AIT streamlines production and manufacturing process. It also reshapes or even revolutionizes supply chain and management. AIT is exploding with more opportunities for professionals and better service for the people.
The objective of this special issue is to publish the state-of-the-art of automated identification technology in manufacturing technology and management.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- RFID applications in automotive industry
- RFID-based production process monitoring and controlling (tooling tracking, manufacturing, parts receiving and assembly)
- RFID in controlling and monitoring products and materials
- Lean manufacturing and RFID
- RFID applications in fixed-position layouts and wireless manufacturing
- RFID in logistical control or supply chain management
- RFID middleware and data management
- Finding the business value in the RFID data.
- RFID in inventory control and management
- RFID in global trade and e-business or e-commerce
- Return on investment (ROI) of RFID in manufacturing and business
- Integrating RFID with legacy supply chain management (SCM) systems
- Integrating RFID with legacy manufacturing systems
- RFID-empowered enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Security and privacy issues of RFID
- RFID standards and standardisation
- 2D Bar codes in automotive and aerospace industries
- Bar codes and manufacturing innovation
- Bar codes for logistics or supply chain management
- Bar code-empowered enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Architectures for integrating legacy information systems with bar code technology.
- Hybrid systems (combining RFID and bar code technology)
Submission of full papers before: 15 August, 2008
Notification of acceptance: 15 October, 2008
Submission of revised and final manuscripts: 15 December, 2008