This special issue aims at presenting the current trends in software engineering, ranging from software architecture evolution to testing methodologies for emerging paradigms.
Furthermore, the issue will also highlight the relevance of techniques such rapid prototyping, domain-specific modelling, behaviour and test modelling languages, design patterns, aspect-oriented programming, extreme programming, etc. to software engineering development processes.
The issue will provide an opportunity for academic and industry professionals to discuss recent progress in software engineering processes, techniques, methodologies employed, tools developed, overall assessment of benefits, risks and mitigation and testing processes.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Requirement phase:
- Requirement gathering and analysis
- Validation of software sizing techniques
- Prioritisation techniques
- Design phase:
- Architecture knowledge – storage and retrieval
- Aspect mining
- Mathematical models for evaluating software architectures
- Testing phase:
- Test prioritisation techniques
- Formal methods and formal approaches for testing SOA
- Formal methods and formal approaches for testing AOP
- Measurement and analysis:
- Software metrics in various phases of SDLC
- Quantitative analysis of metrics
Submission of manuscripts: 27 March, 2013
Notification to authors: 30 April, 2013
Final versions due: 30 June, 2013