This special issue will present assorted applications of knowledge engineering for ship design and ship operation, with special focus on industrial applications.
The issue aims at giving a contemporary picture of the advanced applications in the field as a starting point for readers new to the topic. The target readership is engineers and IT specialists with an interest in maritime applications.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge-based systems/Expert systems for maritime applications
- Machine-learning approaches for maritime applications
- Advanced simulation techniques in maritime applications
- Evolutionary optimisation strategies for maritime problems
- Artificial intelligence for maritime applications
- Maritime robotics
Submission of manuscripts: 30 March, 2013
Notification to authors: 30 June, 2013
Final versions due: 30 September, 2013