Papers based on various presentations and discussions at events organised by the International Society for Professional Innovation Management (ISPIM).
- Openness of innovating: the new roles of customers and users in business-to-business context
- Exploring users motivation in innovation communities
- The crowdsourcing process: an intermediary mediated idea generation approach in the early phase of innovation
- The evolution of modularity and architectural innovation: web-enabled collective development of a tangible artefact
- Potentials of knowledge management 2.0 and implications for corporate governance