Pervasive computing has been investigated for many years with various research outcomes delivered and published. However, with the emerging evolution of computing infrastructures such as cloud computing and social computing, new challenges require innovative solutions such as pervasive computational intelligence, nature-inspired soft computing, social-oriented agent technology and cyber-physical integrated ubiquitous intelligence.
This special issue aims to address a variety of new challenges and advanced technologies. It solicits high-quality theoretical as well as practical works on a broad range of issues important to pervasive computing.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the 9th International Conference on Pervasive Intelligence and Computing (PICom2011) to be held on 12-14 December 2011 in Sydney, Australia, but we also strongly encourage researchers who cannot participate in the conference to submit papers.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Pervasive knowledge computing
- Autonomous systems
- Pervasive soft computing
- Pervasive social computing
- Cloud service provisioning
- Energy management in pervasive devices
- Pervasive wearable computers, RFIDs, sensor technology
- Pervasive smart home networks
- Pervasive services such as EaaS, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
- Pervasive innovative HCI design
- Pervasive e-market, e-health and commerce
- Pervasive and ubiquitous data mining
- Software agents for pervasive computing
- Semantic technologies for pervasive computing
- Context and situation awareness for pervasive computing
- Activity recognition
Deadline for submission: 31 March, 2012
Acceptance notification (1st round): 31 May, 2012
Revision submission: 31 July, 2012
Final notification of acceptance: 31 August, 2012