This special issue is focused recent progress, ideas, problems and solutions relating to the multifaceted aspects of multimedia, computer graphics and broadcasting. It is intended for academics, practitioners, scientists and engineers who are involved in multimedia system research, design and application as well as those involved in computer graphics and broadcasting.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at The 2011 International Conference on Multimedia, Computer Graphics and Broadcasting (MULGRAB2011) , but we also strongly encourage researchers who did not participate in the conference to submit papers for this call.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to the following. Excellent surveying works in these areas are also welcome.
- AI and soft computing in multimedia
- Content-based image retrieval/QBE
- Medical image and signal processing
- Multimedia embedded systems
- Multimedia in telemedicine
- Multimedia security
- Virtual reality and game technology
- Computational photography
- Computer animation, graphics and simulation
- Computer graphics in industry
- Data compression for graphics
- Graphics systems architecture
- Rendering techniques
- Augmented reality
- Digital content creation and distribution
Submission deadline: 31 March, 2012
Notification of acceptance: 31 May, 2012
Final version due: 31 July, 2012