This special issue is designed to collect a range of high quality research papers in one of the topics of optimization and learning, from the theory to applications, and from sequential to parallel algorithms. Contributions to the solution of real-life problems are particularly appreciated.
Topics of particular interest may include, but are not limited to:
* Recent developments from different optimization fields such as
- nonconvex programming
- global optimization
- D.C. (difference of convex functions) programming, etc.
- pattern recognition
- machine learning and support vector machines
- statistical learning and kernel methods
- transport logistics
- image processing
- text and web mining, etc.
Submission deadline: 31 January, 2011