The special issue aims at providing a thorough analysis of economic and geopolitical impacts related to the rise of the new emerging countries. In the context of the recent financial crisis, oil scarcity and environmental challenges, this analysis is more than needed. For this issue, we encourage submissions of theoretical and empirical papers on emerging countries, regional integrations involving emerging countries as well as on other economic and geopolitical issues.
Topics include but are not limited to the following, as long as they touch on emerging countries:
- International trade and country characteristics
- Emerging countries and the global financial crisis
- Actual strengths and weaknesses of emerging countries
- Emerging countries and international organisations
- What new role for emerging countries?
Deadline for submission: 30 December, 2010