Soft computing is currently receiving much attention and is a highly multidisciplinary area of research.
Intelligent information systems is a current research area applied to many domains such as business intelligence, data analysis and mining. It provides powerful and effective tools for problem solving in a variety of business modelling tasks such as data visualisation, data pre-processing, data engineering, data mining techniques, neurocomputing, evolutionary computing, fuzzy techniques, expert systems, knowledge filtering and post-processing.
This special issue will cover the latest developments in the application of soft computing techniques in modelling intelligent information systems.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intelligent search
- Automated reasoning and logic programming
- Machine learning
- Intelligent planning
- Visual/linguistic perception
- Evolutionary and swarm algorithms
- Derivative-free optimisation algorithms
- Fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic; rough sets
- Neural computing
- Multi-agent systems
- Data and web mining
- Emotional intelligence
- Hybridisation of intelligent models/algorithms
- Parallel and distributed realisation of intelligent algorithms/systems
Submission deadline: 30 November, 2014
Acceptance/rejection notifications: 31 January, 2015
Final papers due: 1 April, 2015