Grid and cloud computing is a rapidly developing computing structure that allows infrastructure, computational resources, databases, networks and services to be shared among many in an effective and on-demand basis.
Over the last few years there has been a considerable exploration of new ideas to drive the technology towards a new horizon. This has gained attention from both academia and industry in many countries and is considered to be one of the highly influential technologies in the 21st century for effective sharing of different resources through cloud, grid and distributed networking.
This special issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication and Devices (ICCD 2014), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but not limited to, the following:
- Hardware design and embedded systems
- Operating systems and software
- Communication and network protocols
- Sensor and ad hoc networking
- Information and signal processing
- Fundamental theoretical limits and algorithms
- Security and fault tolerance
- Distributed architecture and communication
- Parallel and grid computing
Submission deadline: 15 July, 2014
Acceptance/rejection notification: 31 October, 2014
Final paper due: 31 December, 2014