Intelligent devices and smart materials are impacting all fields of science, engineering and clinical medicine. There is an increased propensity to integrate smart materials with nano/micro technology to develop novel materials or structures for application in sensors, actuators, biomaterials, robotics, and structural health monitoring, etc. The combination of intelligent systems, materials, devices and nano/micro technology provides many advantages, realises novel designs that could not be achieved in traditional engineering, and also offers greater opportunities as well as challenges.
This issue will provide cutting edge information and instructive research guidance, encouraging more researchers, industry professionals, academics and scientists, to make their contribution to this dynamic research field.
The issue will carry revised and substantially extended versions of selected papers presented at the International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Communication and Devices (ICCD 2014), but we also strongly encourage researchers unable to participate in the conference to submit articles for this call.
Suitable topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intelligent materials, active structures, and their applications
- Smart micro- and nano-electronic devices and systems
- Sensors, detectors and actuators: materials and applications
- Integrated and intelligent simulation techniques
- Nano and multifunctional materials
- Structural health monitoring
- Bio-inspired materials, structures and applications
- Biomedical devices
- Numerical methods including modeling, optimisation and simulation
Paper submission: 15 September, 2014 (extended)