As individuals, organisations and governments increasingly rely on the transmission of mobile (and often personal) data, it is now more prudent than ever that we can ensure the confidentially, reliability, integrity and availability of mobile networks.
The goal of this special issue is to provide a source for research dissemination for our contributors, and a source of cutting edge, high quality information within the field of security for mobile networks for our readers.
We encourage contributions from the academic, practitioner and research communities, and recognise that contributions from each group are required for a successful edition.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Anti-malware methods, including detecting, analysing and preventing infections in mobile/wireless networks
- Combating cyber-crime activities, including anti-spam, anti-fraud and anti-phishing methods with a focus on these activities with respect to mobile/wireless device use
- Design, implementation and management of mobile/wireless network security policies, including integrating employee-owned devices into corporate networks
- Detecting and mitigating network intrusions through intrusion prevention, detection and response systems and policies with a focus on the intersection of mobile/wireless networks and traditional wired ones
- Ensuring privacy and anonymity of user data in mobile/wireless networks
Paper submissions due: 31 March, 2013
Author notification: 31 May, 2013
Final versions of papers due: 30 June, 2013