The considerable economic crisis is raising new challenges for the different sectors of the European and, in particular, Mediterranean regions, involving cultural, social and economic factors aimed to be used creativity to develop new knowledge and innovation in production, business activities, policies, culture and social environments.
The EU project, Knowledge Intelligence and Innovation for a Sustainable Growth - KnowInG (funded by the STC programme MED), promotes the enhancement of cooperation among key institutional and economic actors and the “knowledge economy” by launching a transnational dialogue platform on policies, tools and strategies for attracting and creating “innovation". Creativity, policies, tools, actors, knowledge and innovation are the axes of research of the project.
In this context, starting from experiences of the project, this special issue aims to stimulate scientific debate for the emergence of new models of policies involving actors from local to transnational levels, and new tools enhancing processes of knowledge building and sharing using virtual innovation environments.
Professors, scientists and researchers from public and private research institutions and universities are invited to submit their contributions.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- From local to transnational strategies and policies for innovation: theories, methodologies and models
- Policies for innovation: case studies, guidelines and best practices
- Economic, social and cultural issues of local and transnational policies on innovation
- Knowledge economy/integration, innovative companies and clusters
- Actors of innovation: case studies
- Higher education system and production system synergies for knowledge, creativity and innovation
- Virtual and real communities on innovation, creativity and knowledge
- Internet of the future, creativity, knowledge and innovation
- Tools for innovation: case studies
Manuscripts due: 8 March, 2013 (extended)
Acceptance notification: 30 March, 2013
Final manuscripts due: 30 April, 2013