The field of data mining has seen a rapid explosion in recent years because of new applications in social and communication networking, software engineering, healthcare and computational biology.
This special issue aims to bring together a diversity of international researchers, experts and practitioners who are currently working in the area of data mining. It is envisaged that it will explore the recent advances of methods, techniques and tools in solving the unanswered questions in data mining.
Prominent researchers from both academia and industry are invited to contribute their work for extending the existing knowledge in the field.
Suitable topics include but are not limited to:
- Graph mining
- Social network mining
- Social web search and analysis
- Evolution of social communities and social media
- Data stream mining
- Software engineering data mining
- Methodologies in large-scale data mining
- High performance data mining algorithms
- Competitive analysis of data mining algorithms
- Social network applications
- Emerging applications of large-scale data mining
- E-commerce and web services
- Financial market analysis
- Mobility recommendations
- Applications of data mining in education
Submission deadline: 30 April, 2012
First round notification: 30 June, 2012
Final paper submission: 30 August, 2012