A special issue of International Journal of Product Development
The healthcare industry has witnessed unprecedented transformation recently. Pharmaceutical science has been revolutionised from the macro to the micro level and currently research is focused at the molecular level. The foundation of pharmaceutical research is based upon drug delivery, biopharmaceutics, transport, formulation process engineering, simulation and mathematical modelling. The quest for newer therapeutic alternatives and basic research has given birth to numerous strategies, many of which have been able to treat unmet medical needs. However, many challenging barriers have yet to be conquered.
The objective of this special theme issue is to focus on innovative and cutting edge research in this multidisciplinary field. Emphasis will be on original research with focused attention on novelty and innovativeness.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Delivery of drugs and biotech molecules
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and radiopharmaceutics
- Pharmaceutical technology and process engineering
- Pharmaceutics, physical pharmacy, preformulation
- Membrane transport and absorption
- Macromolecule (including protein/ peptide) and gene delivery
- Clinical studies with distinctive features
Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 31 October 2009
Communication of peer reviews of authors: 31 December 2009
Deadline for revised manuscripts: 28 February 2010