A special issue of International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management
Innovation management is an important concept for the 21st century. An organisation’s competitive advantage depends on the ability of its people and systems to manage innovation and seek sustainability. Innovation management and sustainable strategic management appear to go together in practice, a link especially important in dynamic environments. For an organisation to achieve sustainability, its people should be innovative. Likewise, the organisation should support a culture of innovation.
Innovation management research involves interdisciplinary dialogue and scholarship on the management of innovation from a variety of perspectives, including behavioural, managerial, operational, and strategic issues. The goal of this special issue is to address and publish the latest articles on a variety of topics related to innovation management and sustainable strategic management. Special interest is innovations in the medical field.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Innovative practices in e-commerce
- The management of innovation processes & process technologies
- Research and development for sustainability
- Innovation development and diffusion
- Intellectual capital and sustainable strategic management
- Sustainable product development strategies
- Behaviors and characteristics of technical professionals that support innovation
- Case studies related to innovation management and sustainability
Early submission deadline [*]: 1 January 2009
Full paper deadline: 15 March 2009
Notification of status & acceptance of paper: 1 May 2009
Final version of paper: 1 June 2009.
[*] Completed manuscripts that meet the early submission deadline will be provided an opportunity for revision. If the revision is completed by the full paper deadline, these manuscripts will be entered into a second round of peer review.